Rainbow Day Nursery have over the years been committed to developing high quality education across our nurseries. When we looked at how we can best achieve this in light of changes coming in from September 2021 to our curriculum we have made the decision to appointment an Early Years Education Advisor.
I would like to introduce Louise Knox to you as our newly appointed Early Years Education advisor. Louise comes to us with an extensive background in early and primary education,
Louise comes to us with an extensive background in early and primary education, as a former Head Teacher, advisor for the Local Authority and freelance OFSTED inspector.
Her role in Rainbow Day Nursery will be to:
- To ensure that managers from each nursery deliver a high quality of inclusive education. By supporting the planning and delivery of the statutory framework for the early years curriculum.
- To Support managers in the development of all staff to implement high standards of quality practices.
- To deliver whole staff training on all areas of the curriculum to ensure the quality of education for our team which in turn will be reflected in their practice with the children.
This role comes at an exciting time as the new statutory framework has been revised see here. The key revisions are:
- Developing children’s vocabulary, language, and communication skills, and
- Reducing workload.
- There is a greater emphasis on reducing paperwork, which can negatively impact on time interacting with children.